Christmas is coming and you have not found the right gift yet? If you’re looking for an original present or something special, then let yourself be inspired by art! Here are some nice ideas to make this magical moment of the year unique.
3 unmissable exhibitions
First of all, here are 3 exhibitions to “give” to anyone who loves to enjoy art in person.
Marc Chagall. As in Painting, So in Poetry
Until February 3, 2019, the Palazzo della Ragione, in Mantua, hosts the magical art of Marc Chagall. The exhibition, curated by Gabriella Di Milia in collaboration with the State Tretyakov Gallery of Moscow, presents 130 artworks by the artist, including the complete cycle of the seven monumental murals that Chagall created in 1920 for the State Jewish Chamber Theater in Moscow.
Paul Klee. At the Origins of Art
The MUDEC of Milan proposes the primitive art of Paul Klee, highlighting the salient phases of his artistic activity: from the abstract and polychrome artworks, that are so popular with the general public, to the caricatural pieces. The exhibition – which shows around a hundred artworks by the artist, on loan from major museums and private collection in Europe – will run until March 3, 2019.
Another opportunity to enjoy art is offered by the PAN – Palazzo delle Arti Di Napoli, which presents the great retrospective dedicated to Escher. The exhibition – that has broken all attendance records in recent years -, not only features artworks by the visionary Dutch genius, so popular with the general public, but also a wide-ranging section dedicated to the influence that his artistic work has had on the creations of later generations of artists, from album sleeves to comics, advertising and cinema.
Season tickets and membership cards
Do you want to make your friends happy all year? Here is our proposal for season tickets and special cards issued by museums, cities and Italian regions:
Peggy Guggenheim Collection membership card
The Peggy Guggenheim Collection offers the Membership card that allows not only access to events, guided tours, workshops, art history classes and cultural meetings but also to support all the exhibition and educational programs of one of the most important modern art museums in Italy. To know the cost of the card, valid for 12 months, and the related benefits just visit the dedicated section on the museum’s website.
Piedmont and Lombardy Museums
Piedmont and Lombardy provide special cards that allow you to visit their wide cultural and museum heritage taking advantage of numerous discounts and promotions. These museum cards – valid for 365 days from the date of purchase – are the perfect gift for those who don’t want to give up – even one day – the rich cultural offer of the two regions!
It is the card to travel and discover the cultural heritage and artistic places of Naples and the whole Campania (museums, archeological sites, theaters), offering discounts on the entrances and scheduled events. Depending on the interests and time available, there are several cards to be used for 3, 7 or even 365 days, specially designed for those who want to enjoy art all year long.
Other gift ideas
If you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, take a look at the next tips:
- Walk Through Walls: A Memoir, an autobiographical book that tells, page after page, the life and career of the extraordinary artist Marina Abramovic (here you can find the article we have dedicated to her).
- Loving Vincent, the enchanting movie dedicated to the Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh – entirely painted on canvas by a team of 125 artists – that mixes art, technology and painting.
- Puzzle depicting the Birth of Venus, to give the pleasure of recreating one of the most celebrated masterpieces of the Florentine painter Sandro Botticelli.
- Cushion of art by Roy Lichtenstein, a fluffy furnishing item with the work of one of the most famous exponents of Pop Art. You can find it in the online shop of the Tate Modern museum.
- Mondrian shopping bag, to give something useful and exclusive at the same time. You can find this item and other beautiful gift ideas in the MoMA online store.